MULTAN: The massive fire that engulfed a five-storey departmental store in Multan Cantt on Friday morning has been doused by fire tenders after a hectic effort of 15 hours.
The blaze also damaged surrounding shops and houses which were evacuated in time to prevent any casualty. The rescue teams said that the fire erupted due to short-circuit.
Rescue teams and at least 14 fire tenders have doused the fire that has turned all the expensive goods worth million of rupees into ashes. No loss of life was reported in the incident.
Former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani also visited the site to express his sympathies and solidarity with the affected traders.